Introduction to the world of microscopy for beekeepers. Suitable for those new to microscopy.
- We will cover:-
- The parts of the microscope and what they do;
- Caring for and setting up a microscope
- The uses of microscopes in beekeeping
- The basic materials and equipment needed to get started
- Some simple slide making techniques
- Making your own glycerine jelly mountant
- Using a microscope to identify Nosema
- Attaching a camera to a microscope (including some simple and cheap DIY ideas!)
Participants will be provided with a starter kit to support microscopy at home.
Refreshments provided, bring your own packed lunch.
Cost : £25 per person